Monday, September 13, 2010

Stay at Home moms are NOT morans!

Ok, why is it that if you are a stay at home mom people think you are a non educated woman who is always barefoot and pregnant???? Excuse me but some of us choose our families OVER careers knowing you can never get time back.   I also know woman who tell me they want to be but just can't...well, give up the big SUV and eating out 5 days a week and maybe you can.   It's about sacrifice for the good of the entire family.  I absolutely love that I can have dinner on the table when my hubby comes home, that I can keep up with the laundry (most the time) and spend time with my curious 3 year old without having to do it all on the weekends.  Sure I don't have as much "stuff", but is that what life is really about?  When all else goes away, all you are left with is family.  

8 comments:

  1. You are so right! I've done both, really....was home for 12 years with my two kiddos. Then, when my youngest was in 3rd grade I got a great part-time job that fell into my lap at her elementary school and I've been doing that ever since! So, even though I'm at work when they are at school, I'm home when they are. So I still feel like a SAHM!
    I wouldn't have traded "stuff" for my time with them...not at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love your thoughts...I totally agree...I have been at home now for 12 years and can't see myself going to work at all...I love it too much and I believe that the sacrifices I am making for those 'wants' are worth it for my children. Naomi. so great to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I've been at home for 14 years and I love it. I'm following from MBC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Thanks for stopping by the Over 40 Bloggers I added your blog to the list!!

    Thanks for joining the party!

    Hope you get lots of followers from it! Including me!! Please follow me back if you haven’t done so already!!

    Be sure to come by every Friday for the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

    Congrats on the new baby!! I'm excited for you!!

    Have a great day!!
    Java

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is trying to find a way to stay home. I commend any one who does. My husband is the stay at home dad to our 2yr old. Having a parent stay home with a child is a blessing to that child. I say YAY to you!
    found you on MBC. Now following you :) Pls stop by my site and say hello :)
    http://cindyseesit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! :)

    Also, stuff breaks, or you have to pay taxes on it, or you have to have maintenance done, or you have to pay annual fees, or you have to blah blah blah. Loving your family is what it's all about!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen, sister!!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come and see how THOUSAND of people like YOU are earning their LIVING from home and are living their dreams right NOW.
    CLICK HERE TO START NOW

    ReplyDelete